Savings, CDs & IRAs
We offer a full suite of Savings, CDs and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA's). Our CDs are available with fixed or variable rates and have terms of maturity ranging from 30 days to 7 years. Our IRA's are offered as Traditional, ROTH, SEP and SIMPLE plans. Contact a branch for CD and IRA rates and terms.
|How To Avoid Service Charge||Opening
Save for a rainy day or an emergency fund
$100 account balance is required to avoid the service charge
Teach the value of savings to the next generation
|NONE||No charge for kids under the age of 18||$25||
Fund approved healthcare expenses
|$23 Annual Fee||NA||$100||
*Talk to a tax advisor about expenses that qualify for HSA tax advantages.
Youth Savings customers (1st through 12th grade) can present their end-of-the-year report cards during the months of June or July to earn $1 for every top grade¹ they've received per main subject during the school year.²
- $25 minimum balance required to obtain the Annual Percentage Yield3 and the bonus.
- Report cards4 must be presented at the local Community Bank branch during the months of June or July of the same year of the dated report card.
- Bonus will be deposited on the same business day that the report card is reviewed (and is deposited directly to Youth Savings Account).
- Youth Savings Account must be open at the time the bonus is paid.
- Current Youth Savings customers that turn 18 during their senior year can still receive the bonus as long as they have continued to maintain an open savings account.
- The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on a Youth Savings account is 0.02%, effective as of June 1, 2015 - subject to change at any time. Contact us for current rates at 800-472-4292.
¹ Top grades include any grade of an "A" (A-, A, or A+). Bonus paid once per main school subject per grading period. If no final grade is given for a main subject, grades from subcategories will be averaged to determine main subject final grade. Top grades should be noted on report card and could include "S+" for above satisfactory, "E" for excellent, or any other grade explained on report card to be the top grade for that grading system.
² Up to $50 annually per student.
3 The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on a Youth Savings are tiered based on balance. Tier 1 and 2 min. $25 required to obtain APY of 0.02%; Tier 3 min. $25,000 required to obtain APY of 0.05%; Tier 4 min. $100,000 required to obtain APY of 0.08%. Rates effective as of June 1, 2015. Subject to change at any time. Contact us for current rates at 800-472-4292.
4 Report cards must be originals, no copies please.